Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I backup my entire MacBook Pro to ICloud?

What is the best way to backup my entire MacBook Pro, which is a 2015 model and cannot upgrade to Ventura. I’ll need to purchase a new MacBook and restore from that full backup, as I understand it.

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 6:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 6:08 AM

Not iCloud, no, but you can back up your Mac with Time Machine. See Apple's support document Back up your Mac with Time Machine

At the head of the page is the summary:

Use Time Machine, the built-in backup feature of your Mac, to automatically back up your personal data, including apps, music, photos, email, and documents. Having a backup allows you to restore your Mac from a Time Machine backup if you ever delete your files or can't access them

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2023 6:08 AM in response to Fkennjr

Not iCloud, no, but you can back up your Mac with Time Machine. See Apple's support document Back up your Mac with Time Machine

At the head of the page is the summary:

Use Time Machine, the built-in backup feature of your Mac, to automatically back up your personal data, including apps, music, photos, email, and documents. Having a backup allows you to restore your Mac from a Time Machine backup if you ever delete your files or can't access them

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.