Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Messages showing wrong contacts?

Hello all! Updated to Ventura recently. Noticed in the Messages app, on my Mac Studio, all of the contacts there are matching the titles of family members in my son's contact list, and not mine. For example, instead of say 'Mary Smith' showing up, as it shows in my contacts, it's showing up at 'Grandma Mary'.

Interestingly, my son's account is not attached to the computer where this is a problem. Is this an iCloud issue?

Any ideas on how to resolve (to show the titles of my contacts vs. my son's when I send or receive a message on my desktop)?

On my iPhone, the contacts are showing correctly, as well as on my other desktops. So I'm stumped.

Mac Studio

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 10:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 10:26 AM

It's absolutely an iCloud issue. Contacts are synched via iCloud. If your son's iCloud account is configured on this system then that's what you may see in the app.

Check the iCloud account status on this system (System Preferences -> Internet Accounts). It's also possible you've added multiple iCloud accounts, in which case you can configure which data to use for each one (e.g. use your son's iCloud account for Calendars, but not Contacts.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2023 10:26 AM in response to Matt13

It's absolutely an iCloud issue. Contacts are synched via iCloud. If your son's iCloud account is configured on this system then that's what you may see in the app.

Check the iCloud account status on this system (System Preferences -> Internet Accounts). It's also possible you've added multiple iCloud accounts, in which case you can configure which data to use for each one (e.g. use your son's iCloud account for Calendars, but not Contacts.

Messages showing wrong contacts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.