Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone 13 doesn’t use cellular data properly

Hello! I recently had an issue with my iphone 12 where i couldn’t load any apps off wifi. I tried everything, restarting my phone, deleting apps and reinstalling, went to Tmoblie to get a new sim card and troubleshoot with them, even got an upgraded phone iphone 13 and i’m having the same issue. i took my iphone 13 to apple and had them test it and they said nothing is wrong. my phone works great on wifi, but once i’m off of wifi it’s as if i have an ipod touch. i can call and text and that’s it. i’m so frustrated with this problem and don’t know what to do moving forward.

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 2:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 3:06 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your iPhone not using cellular data properly. There could be a few reasons why this is happening:

1. Network coverage: Make sure that you have good network coverage in your area. If you are in an area with poor coverage, your phone may not be able to connect to the cellular network properly.
  2. APN settings: Make sure that your APN (Access Point Name) settings are correct. These settings control how your phone connects to the cellular network and are usually set up automatically, but sometimes they may need to be manually configured. To check your APN settings, go to "Settings" > "Cellular" > "Cellular Data Options" > "Cellular Data Network" and make sure that the settings match those provided by your carrier.
  3. Carrier restrictions: Some carriers may restrict certain types of data usage or impose data caps. Check with your carrier to see if this is the case and if there are any limitations on your account.
  4. Software issues: If you have tried all of the above and are still experiencing issues, it is possible that there is a software issue on your phone. You can try resetting your phone's network settings by going to "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Reset Network Settings." This will reset all of your network-related settings to their default values, so you will need to set them up again after the reset.

I hope these suggestions are helpful. If you continue to have problems, you may need to contact Apple support or your carrier for further assistance.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2023 3:06 PM in response to ltige

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your iPhone not using cellular data properly. There could be a few reasons why this is happening:

1. Network coverage: Make sure that you have good network coverage in your area. If you are in an area with poor coverage, your phone may not be able to connect to the cellular network properly.
  2. APN settings: Make sure that your APN (Access Point Name) settings are correct. These settings control how your phone connects to the cellular network and are usually set up automatically, but sometimes they may need to be manually configured. To check your APN settings, go to "Settings" > "Cellular" > "Cellular Data Options" > "Cellular Data Network" and make sure that the settings match those provided by your carrier.
  3. Carrier restrictions: Some carriers may restrict certain types of data usage or impose data caps. Check with your carrier to see if this is the case and if there are any limitations on your account.
  4. Software issues: If you have tried all of the above and are still experiencing issues, it is possible that there is a software issue on your phone. You can try resetting your phone's network settings by going to "Settings" > "General" > "Reset" > "Reset Network Settings." This will reset all of your network-related settings to their default values, so you will need to set them up again after the reset.

I hope these suggestions are helpful. If you continue to have problems, you may need to contact Apple support or your carrier for further assistance.

iphone 13 doesn’t use cellular data properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.