Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

removing “ask to buy” permission

We have a family plan and me (guardian) is trying to remove the “Ask To Buy” selective, we are able to remove it but when my child tries to buy something it still says “Ask to buy?”. Help me remove it please!

iPhone 12, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 4, 2023 5:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 8:40 AM

Hello kyndal258,

The "How to turn on or turn off Ask to Buy" section here can help out with providing the necessary steps for turning the feature off: Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy

On your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Tap your name.
3. Tap Family Sharing.
4. Tap your family member's name, then tap Ask to Buy. In iOS 15 or earlier, tap Ask to Buy, then tap your family member's name. 
Ask to Buy is located below Screen Time.

5. Turn Require Purchase Approval on or off. 

If the alert still appears, you may wish to try restarting your device and the child's device, and then attempt to have them make a purchase again.

Cheers.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2023 8:40 AM in response to kyndal258

Hello kyndal258,

The "How to turn on or turn off Ask to Buy" section here can help out with providing the necessary steps for turning the feature off: Approve what kids buy with Ask to Buy

On your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Tap your name.
3. Tap Family Sharing.
4. Tap your family member's name, then tap Ask to Buy. In iOS 15 or earlier, tap Ask to Buy, then tap your family member's name. 
Ask to Buy is located below Screen Time.

5. Turn Require Purchase Approval on or off. 

If the alert still appears, you may wish to try restarting your device and the child's device, and then attempt to have them make a purchase again.

Cheers.

removing “ask to buy” permission

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.