Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTune purchases on old MacBook Pro that doesn't show up in new MacBook Air.

I have an old MacPro from 2007 that I purchased music from iTunes back to 2015. Why does it not show up in my account or library since I purchased it through iTunes. How do I get it back into my account and on to my new MacBook Air?

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 10:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 10:38 AM

How do I get it back into my account

Do you mean your account on your old MacBook Pro?

It depends on what you did with your 'that Apple ID'. If you have deleted it, it is no longer valid, it simply no longer exists and it no longer works.

To understand about a deleted Apple ID, see the Apple articles below:

How to delete your Apple ID account -> How to delete your Apple ID account – Apple Support (UK)

Understand and control the personal information that you store with Apple

Understand and control the personal information that you store with Apple - Apple Support

If you stil have / know that Apple ID, check your Apple ID via your email box, see this Apple article: If you forgot your Apple ID

If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support                  

OR see -> Having trouble signing in? -> https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Try this -> If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud -> If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud - Apple Support

See also -> Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Do you use a 'new' Apple ID on your MacBook Air?

Your Apple ID is the personal account you use with all Apple products and services. It includes the email address and password you use to sign in, as well as the contact, payment, and security details that you use with Apple.

You can’t merge multiple Apple ID accounts.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 5, 2023 10:38 AM in response to apburke3

How do I get it back into my account

Do you mean your account on your old MacBook Pro?

It depends on what you did with your 'that Apple ID'. If you have deleted it, it is no longer valid, it simply no longer exists and it no longer works.

To understand about a deleted Apple ID, see the Apple articles below:

How to delete your Apple ID account -> How to delete your Apple ID account – Apple Support (UK)

Understand and control the personal information that you store with Apple

Understand and control the personal information that you store with Apple - Apple Support

If you stil have / know that Apple ID, check your Apple ID via your email box, see this Apple article: If you forgot your Apple ID

If you forgot your Apple ID email address or phone number - Apple Support                  

OR see -> Having trouble signing in? -> https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid

Try this -> If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud -> If you can't connect or sign in to iCloud - Apple Support

See also -> Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Do you use a 'new' Apple ID on your MacBook Air?

Your Apple ID is the personal account you use with all Apple products and services. It includes the email address and password you use to sign in, as well as the contact, payment, and security details that you use with Apple.

You can’t merge multiple Apple ID accounts.

Jan 5, 2023 11:08 AM in response to Raicya

Nope. nada. zilch. I see the purchase but there is no option to add into your library. It just shows purchase history and what album was bought. I see a Dave Matthews Lice trap, vol.6: Fenway Park bought Dec 1 2012 and order number but no way to add it. I log back in and nothing. Can't Apple just upload all my previous album purchase back into my account? What you gave me is just an order history with no avenue of adding back into my Library.

iTune purchases on old MacBook Pro that doesn't show up in new MacBook Air.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.