Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera unable to focus on barcode

I just received the new iPhone 14pro and to my dismay it is having major issues focusing on barcodes that I am scanning. Is there a fix to this? Posted earlier on Sept 14, 2022, but no one is replying with a fix. Does anyone from Apple monitor these forum? My guess is Apple will blame the apps. Apps work on 7Plus, 8, and 12.

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 5, 2023 8:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 4:26 PM

I've got the exact same problem on an iPhone 14 Max. The native Code Scanner you refer to here has the same problem. It's like it disables the focus.

5 replies

Jan 5, 2023 10:11 PM in response to Joe_Stephano

Joe_Stephano wrote:

My guess is Apple will blame the apps.

I am not sure which app you are referring to.

With the limited information that you have provided, It is hard to even guess the problems faced by you. 

You may get faster and better responses to your query by --> Writing an effective Apple Support Commun… - Apple ...

Please re-post with detail so that someone else can help.

Jan 5, 2023 10:08 PM in response to Joe_Stephano

Joe_Stephano wrote:

Does anyone from Apple monitor these forum?

Apple Support Community Forum

This is Apple Support Community forum, for user to user interaction for information & idea sharing between users, if need be, extend support on technical knowhow in handling Apple products from more experienced fellow user, This is not the right forum to discuss with Apple Inc.

Camera unable to focus on barcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.