Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to login into Skype mobile app on my iPhone 14 Pro

I am unable to login into Skype mobile app on my new iPhone 14 Pro which I bought just a couple of months ago. After I enter my username, it simply loads a black screen with Skype logo on the top as shown below. However if I try to login into Skype on the mobile Safari browser, it works. It just doesn't work on the mobile app. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 8:25 AM

9 replies

Jan 7, 2023 9:51 PM in response to Kurtosis12

The problem wasn’t fully resolved but the OS update along with some luck helped me login. After the OS update, the app still showed up a black screen as previously but it triggered an extra notification of authentication via Microsoft Authenticator app. The Authenticator app required me to select a number, out of 3 choices, which I was supposed to enter the same number as the one I would see on the Skype login screen. However since the screen was black, I couldn’t see the number and hence I had to take a wild guess! :) If I had selected the wrong number, I wouldn’t have logged in.

Unable to login into Skype mobile app on my iPhone 14 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.