Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud sync very slow

I am editing some word documents that are pretty small (KB range) and it is taking forever to sync with iCloud. For example, I modified the file name of one word document, and 20 minutes later, this hasn't been synced with iCloud. I can't seem to find a way to fix this by googling around.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 12:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 3:05 PM

iCloud sync can be slow for a variety of reasons, including low power or a poor network connection, insufficient iCloud storage, software issues out of the user's control, devices not set to the same time and date, or an internet speed that is too slow. To prevent this, users should remove any unnecessary files before backing up, make sure their account has enough available space in iCloud. And ensure all devices are connected to the same network. Additionally, users should check Apple’s System Status page to make sure there aren’t any software issues out of their control and verify that syncing is activated on all devices.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2023 3:05 PM in response to MLivezey

iCloud sync can be slow for a variety of reasons, including low power or a poor network connection, insufficient iCloud storage, software issues out of the user's control, devices not set to the same time and date, or an internet speed that is too slow. To prevent this, users should remove any unnecessary files before backing up, make sure their account has enough available space in iCloud. And ensure all devices are connected to the same network. Additionally, users should check Apple’s System Status page to make sure there aren’t any software issues out of their control and verify that syncing is activated on all devices.

iCloud sync very slow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.