Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMusic in iMovie

I have downloaded iMusic songs and they’re still not visible in iMovie.

What am I missing?

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2023 8:37 PM

I assume that you mean Apple Music. Apple Music is a subscription service intended for personal listening and not for use in iMovie or any other app. Additionally, all of its songs are DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected and for that reason as well they are not usable in iMovie. Downloading them to iTunes will not remove the DRM protection.

With Apple Music you are not purchasing the songs, but only the right to listen to the songs for personal use. It's like you are renting the song, but not owning it.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2023 8:37 PM in response to Occum's Razor

I assume that you mean Apple Music. Apple Music is a subscription service intended for personal listening and not for use in iMovie or any other app. Additionally, all of its songs are DRM (Digital Rights Management) protected and for that reason as well they are not usable in iMovie. Downloading them to iTunes will not remove the DRM protection.

With Apple Music you are not purchasing the songs, but only the right to listen to the songs for personal use. It's like you are renting the song, but not owning it.

-- Rich

iMusic in iMovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.