Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to set a 'scratch file' destination in FCPX 10.6.5?

This setting was precious (10.6.3) under 'PROJECT', but seem to have been moved...?

/Erik

Mac mini, macOS 13.0

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 6:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 7:26 AM

The simplest way is to create a library on the T7. Open the library and import your media, either into the library itself or to an external location. If you need to collaborate or use the media with other applications it’s better to work with external media.

For an excellent introduction to FCP start with Steve Martin’s 60 minute intro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqUP7Zgeuck. For a more in depth introduction use the IzzyVideo tutorials. The version is a bit dated but the principles are the same. 

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 7, 2023 7:26 AM in response to erikatUmU

The simplest way is to create a library on the T7. Open the library and import your media, either into the library itself or to an external location. If you need to collaborate or use the media with other applications it’s better to work with external media.

For an excellent introduction to FCP start with Steve Martin’s 60 minute intro https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqUP7Zgeuck. For a more in depth introduction use the IzzyVideo tutorials. The version is a bit dated but the principles are the same. 

Jan 7, 2023 7:17 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

OK - thanks! I understand I'm using the wrong vocabulary, but I'm just on my way into FCPX :-)

So my intention is to run the program from my main disk, but to use en external working disk for all files/data belonging to projects.

The reason is that I'm running out of space on my HD. I have understood that a fast external SSD is an option (no critical or short deadlines to match). Using a 2 TB Samsung-T7

How to set a 'scratch file' destination in FCPX 10.6.5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.