Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connection to Internet on iPhone 12

wi-fi does not work outside on the street or stores when using my iPhone 12 At home the phone works with no problem.

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 11:01 AM

7 replies

Jan 9, 2023 2:55 PM in response to wildsword

Hi wildsword,

The best steps to take for Wi-Fi issues on your iPhone can be found in the Relevant Article you've reviewed above. If you continue to experience issues despite taking these steps there may be a compatibility issue with the networks you're attempting to join. We recommend reviewing these details about access points: Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points

Take care.

Jan 10, 2023 2:19 PM in response to wildsword

Hey there wildsword, 

If you're having trouble connecting to Wi-Fi networks other than your home network, you'll want to follow the steps linked below.

If your iPhone or iPad won't connect to a Wi-Fi network

Should you continue having problems connecting to Wi-Fi networks, it would be helpful for you to share additional details regarding what you see on your device when you attempt to connect to these Wi-Fi networks.

Have a good one!

Jan 10, 2023 9:21 AM in response to Drew_7

Thank you Drew. All my settings are correct.

The issue is when I am outside my home. I was at Quest Diagnostics, and I was trying to sign in for my appointment on my phone. Quest texts a link to tap on to sign you in for your appointment. I got a no internet connection when I tapped on the link. No one else in the waiting room had a problem connecting with the internet.

Later when I was in Whole Foods, I could not connect to the internet at all.

Might need to call my mobile provider.

Thanks for your help!

Connection to Internet on iPhone 12

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.