Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Serious Security Breach problems

We were told updating our software on devices was an immediate fix due to catching the breach in time. My questions is: did anyone have issues prior to the announcement? And, if so were you able to fix the problem(s). How do I report these problems to Apple?

My problems that began about 2-3 months before announcement:

1) Amazon Prime account- Always had no problem resetting my password, but did not work. Message said my acct had been locked due to suspicious activity and gave a customer service # to call. I called and they said my account could not be found in their system. I told person how could they not find it when I entered my email address and was given this number to call to unlock my acct. I tried same recently and told same thing by their customer rep. No explanation as to how I can no longer access all the Amazon videos and ebooks I had purchased with my account. All are gone!

2) Facebook Acct- One night at 2am I kept receiving FB Messenger notifications one right after another. When I looked on my phone they were all message exchanges with a foreign text that looked like Egyptian text. I discovered they had taken over my whole account!! Photo of Egyptian woman was on my FB profile pic (FB friends asked me who the woman was). They created 2 other FB messenger accounts. I was unable to access my FB account it said due to posting inappropriate contact which I knew wasn’t true. I went thru steps that I was told to regain access re: submit report and take real time photo of identification (I used my birth certificate). I was told FB would not post the photo and I would be notified once they verified my identity. I was able to sign back on via one device however my other Apple device kicked my profile pic back to the Egyptian woman. And now I haven’t been able to access my FB acct from any devices. FB friends say my page shows active and photo was changed back to me. They also told me that copy of my birth certificate was posted to my FB photos!!!

3) Same with my Twitter acct. It was hacked and still unable to recover it.

4) I ensured software was updated to my IPhone 11 and my IPad Pro. However, when I went to update software on my MAC, although password is correct (showed my password hint) it will not even allow me to enter the password and no options come up for resetting the password. I am completely locked out of my MAC and assuming hackers took control of it. MAC no longer shows as one of my devices!!

5) Grey dot appears at time on my IPad. Appeared the entire time as my cursor while submitting this form.

Any information is greatly appreciated. As you can imagine, this has caused a lot of stress for me. Thank you for your response!!

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 11:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 8:28 PM

'Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security''; click here --> Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Serious Security Breach problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.