Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't receive calls on my MacBook Air

I can't receive calls on my MacBook, and I want to, so after a quick google I figured out where to go in my settings. when I went to do that, my iPhone then said that I needed to be logged into iCloud and FaceTime with the same Apple ID on both my iPhone and my MacBook. so I checked, and I was in fact logged into both my devices with the same Apple ID. I even logged out and logged in again, just to be sure it was right. It was right, or maybe I'm missing something. But when I went to turn it on in my iPhone setting, it still said I needed to be logged in on both devices with the same Apple ID, so I don't know what im missing here, anyone know anything about this?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 1:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 4:06 PM

Hi marijnvanduijn,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! We see you were linked from the article "Make and receive phone calls on Mac or iPad". As noted in the article, in addition to ensuring that each device is signed in with the same Apple ID, you'll also need to confirm the following:

Make sure that your Mac, iPhone, and iPad meet the Continuity system requirements.
Each device has Wi-Fi turned on.
ach device is connected to the same network using Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
On your iPhone, go to Settings > Phone > Calls on Other Devices, then turn on Allow Calls on Other Devices.
On your iPad, go to Settings > FaceTime > Calls from iPhone, then turn on Calls from iPhone.
On your Mac, open the FaceTime app, choose FaceTime > Settings (or Preferences), then select Calls From iPhone.
If your carrier supports Wi-Fi calling on other devices, you can set up those devices to make and receive calls even when your iPhone isn't turned on or nearby. Learn about Wi-Fi calling.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 9, 2023 4:06 PM in response to marijnvanduijn

Hi marijnvanduijn,

Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities! We see you were linked from the article "Make and receive phone calls on Mac or iPad". As noted in the article, in addition to ensuring that each device is signed in with the same Apple ID, you'll also need to confirm the following:

Make sure that your Mac, iPhone, and iPad meet the Continuity system requirements.
Each device has Wi-Fi turned on.
ach device is connected to the same network using Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
On your iPhone, go to Settings > Phone > Calls on Other Devices, then turn on Allow Calls on Other Devices.
On your iPad, go to Settings > FaceTime > Calls from iPhone, then turn on Calls from iPhone.
On your Mac, open the FaceTime app, choose FaceTime > Settings (or Preferences), then select Calls From iPhone.
If your carrier supports Wi-Fi calling on other devices, you can set up those devices to make and receive calls even when your iPhone isn't turned on or nearby. Learn about Wi-Fi calling.

Hope this helps!

Have a great day.

I can't receive calls on my MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.