Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google stole my contacts…??

So, I have a situation I’m looking for help with. I received notification that someone besides myself has been getting to my Google account. I took the time last night to change password, clean up history and attempt to secure it the best I could. Moments after I finished I checked the text on my iOS and noticed all the names were missing. By wiping my Google clean it took half of my contacts.

Ive been researching today and found out you could link the two, wasn’t aware. Obviously, in the past few months the setting was changed and now I’m trying to clean it up. Looking for answers or guidance on how to resolve this. I have tried to sync them back but only end up with a bigger mess of numbers with no names and names with only emails. Definitely will keep an i on this from now on, but until it is fixed I will take any help I can get!!!!

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 16

Posted on Jan 7, 2023 4:26 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jan 9, 2023 5:11 PM in response to whittney18

Hello whittney18,

Thanks for posting in the Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like your Gmail contacts may have been erased that you're looking to recover, right?

If we have that correct, you may need to contact Gmail Help directly for assistance with recovering the contacts. We were able to find the following resource from Gmail Help that's related to recovering contacts, so check it out: Edit or delete contacts - Gmail Help

Recover deleted contacts

If you deleted a contact in the last 30 days, you can move it out of your Trash.

Tip: Contacts deleted from your “Other contacts” won’t show in Trash. You can recover them if you undo all the changes within the past 30 days. Learn how to undo changes to your contacts in bulk.

1. Go to Google Contacts.

2. At the left, scroll down.

3. Click Trash.

4. Select an option.

• A single contact: Check the box next to the contact name.

• Multiple contacts: Check the boxes next to all the contacts you want to recover.

• All contacts: Check the box next to any contact. At the top left, click Selection Actions > All.

5. At the top, click Recover.

As far as adding contacts to your iPhone, check out the following resource for assistance. Be sure to check the Lists in the Contacts app to see if you need to enable Gmail to show the contacts. You can find these details in the following resource, as well: Use other contact accounts on iPhone - Apple Support

We hope that's able to help.

Have a great day!

Google stole my contacts…??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.