Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer Canon MG4250 compatible with macOS Ventura???

I have an iMac 24'' using macOS Ventura.

I cannot seem to connect wireless with my canon printer MG2450, as there is no driver available for macOS Ventura and for this printer. The youngest available driver is for macOS Catalina:

https://www.canon-europe.com/support/consumer_products/products/fax__multifunctionals/inkjet/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg4250.html?type=drivers&language=en&os=macos%2010.15%20(catalina)

When I try to install this, I get error message 'an error occurred during installation'.

I suppose this error is because the driver expects macOS Catalina.

What driver should I then use for my macOS Ventura iMac?

All help is appreciated!!

iMac 24″, macOS 13.0

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 6:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 1:30 PM

Hi,

The MG4250 is not mentioned in the latest About AirPrint - Apple Support en-us edition (December 13, 2022), but it is interesting to note that a Canon MG4250 was listed as a model that supports AirPrint as late as in the July 01, 2022 issue of the same article. The exact reason for this change is not known to me.

If necessary, you could perhaps carry out an experiment where the printer is added as an AirPrint printer (after a printing system reset). As always, make sure that you have backup copies of all important files before testing anything.

See also: https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/apple_airprint_guide/

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2023 1:30 PM in response to SmashingJJ

Hi,

The MG4250 is not mentioned in the latest About AirPrint - Apple Support en-us edition (December 13, 2022), but it is interesting to note that a Canon MG4250 was listed as a model that supports AirPrint as late as in the July 01, 2022 issue of the same article. The exact reason for this change is not known to me.

If necessary, you could perhaps carry out an experiment where the printer is added as an AirPrint printer (after a printing system reset). As always, make sure that you have backup copies of all important files before testing anything.

See also: https://www.canon.co.uk/support/consumer_products/apple_airprint_guide/

Reset the printing system on your Mac to solve a problem – Apple Support (UK)

Add a printer to your printer list so you can use it on Mac – Apple Support (UK)

Jan 8, 2023 7:10 AM in response to SmashingJJ

The operating system that Canon defaults to on its driver page is Catalina. If you click that selector, you will see a mention of macOS 11, 12, and 13. However, Canon stopped supporting this device after Monterey (12.*), and without that vendor support, you have a paperweight as it is not supported by Apple's AirPrint either.

You could try the Fall 2022 released ICA scanner driver and printer drivers for Monterey to see if they do work on Ventura, but Canon specifically states they provide no driver support for Ventura so caveat emptor.

Just installing those drivers does not make your MG-4250 functional. You need to remove and re-add the device designating the newly added Canon Monterey drivers for it, and see if that resolves the issue.

Printer Canon MG4250 compatible with macOS Ventura???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.