Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Mail app keeps loading windows attempting to send emails

I almost never use the Mail app and find it very annoying in general. Often times it will automatically load if I click on something like an EML file. Now, when it loads, thousands of windows are loading up, one after another -- they appear to be very very old emails I sent. They load with an error, "cannot connect to sending mail server" or something. But by the time that error appears, then another window pops up with the same error. It is a nightmare where I am unable to close these windows or stop the endless pop-ups. It also hijacks my ability to do much of any settings/config fiddling in the Mail app itself. I also know that eventually my system would run out of memory. So I am forced to "Force Quit" from my system dropdown. But those windows will all auto-open if I accidentally open the Mail app again. Please help me [1] delete the root cause without opening the Mail app to do so; [2] delete this useless, oppressive application, forever.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.4

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 8:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 8, 2023 8:41 AM

It sounds like you are experiencing an issue with the Mail app on your Mac. Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Restart your Mac: This can often resolve issues with apps.
  2. Check for updates: Make sure that your Mac is running the latest version of its operating system.
  3. Force quit the Mail app: If the app is frozen or unresponsive, you can force quit it by pressing Command + Option + Esc and selecting the Mail app from the list of open apps.
  4. Reinstall the Mail app: If the above steps don't help, you may want to try reinstalling the Mail app. To do this, you can go to the "Launchpad" and click and hold on the Mail app icon. When it begins to wiggle, click the "x" button to delete it. Then, go to the App Store and search for "Mail" to download and install the latest version of the app.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, you may want to consider using a different email client or contacting Apple for further assistance.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 8, 2023 8:41 AM in response to amfriedman1

It sounds like you are experiencing an issue with the Mail app on your Mac. Here are a few things you can try to resolve the issue:

1. Restart your Mac: This can often resolve issues with apps.
  2. Check for updates: Make sure that your Mac is running the latest version of its operating system.
  3. Force quit the Mail app: If the app is frozen or unresponsive, you can force quit it by pressing Command + Option + Esc and selecting the Mail app from the list of open apps.
  4. Reinstall the Mail app: If the above steps don't help, you may want to try reinstalling the Mail app. To do this, you can go to the "Launchpad" and click and hold on the Mail app icon. When it begins to wiggle, click the "x" button to delete it. Then, go to the App Store and search for "Mail" to download and install the latest version of the app.

If the issue persists after trying these steps, you may want to consider using a different email client or contacting Apple for further assistance.

Apple Mail app keeps loading windows attempting to send emails

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.