Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I use an apple gift card to purchase applecare

Can I use an apple gift card to extend applecare coverage for my 2019 MacBook Pro. The original applecare expired on Jan. 1, 2023. The value of my gift cards is $100 and applecare cost is $139 so I would place the remainder on credit card. Thanks.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jan 9, 2023 8:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2023 11:06 AM

Hello Arthur Jones Iii,

According to the resource you came from: What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance

Apple Online Store icon

You can use Apple Gift Card to purchase products or accessories at an Apple Store.

Which would allow you to purchase an AppleCare plan using your Apple Gift Card. However, you would be unable to purchase if using an App Store & iTunes Gift Card.

We hope this helps out, take care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2023 11:06 AM in response to Arthur Jones Iii

Hello Arthur Jones Iii,

According to the resource you came from: What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance

Apple Online Store icon

You can use Apple Gift Card to purchase products or accessories at an Apple Store.

Which would allow you to purchase an AppleCare plan using your Apple Gift Card. However, you would be unable to purchase if using an App Store & iTunes Gift Card.

We hope this helps out, take care!

Can I use an apple gift card to purchase applecare

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.