Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IMovie not installed as part of MacOS upgrade

Hi,

I have just upgraded my wife's veteran MBA which was running under 10.13 (High Sierra) to 10.15 (Catalina).

All seemed to perform OK but then I noticed the total absence of iMovie. The original iMovie app will not work under Catalina as it was not 64bit.

I downloaded a fresh Catalina and installed it to no avail... still no iMovie. There may well be other "bits" missing but I've not checked as yet.

Can anyone please shed some light on this oddity and maybe advise how I can iMovie in there again?

Very many thanks

TT

MacBook Air

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 2:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 5:34 AM

If iMovie was installed under the current Apple ID previously, open the App Store, click on the name on the bottom left which will open the Purchased page. If iMovie is listed then you can download an older version from there. Otherwise, you can't.

Similar questions

3 replies

IMovie not installed as part of MacOS upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.