Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Logitech Circle View No Response

Having cameras setup for security reasons and not being able to see them is extremely frustrating and can be costly.

The only fix suggested is to reboot the cameras... too bad they are remote.

How do you unstuck these without physically pull the plugs?

Huge flaw Apple HomeKit...

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2023 6:44 PM

it works for minimum of 10-30 minutes and a maximum of 1-2 days before going offline again. logitech support very quickly offered to send a new unit which I’m waiting for but this has to be some kind of bug, either with Home or the camera itself imo.

My router btw shows it’s connected to 2.4Ghz with good signal strength even when it’s not responding in Home.

Similar questions

45 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 15, 2023 6:44 PM in response to gmac93

it works for minimum of 10-30 minutes and a maximum of 1-2 days before going offline again. logitech support very quickly offered to send a new unit which I’m waiting for but this has to be some kind of bug, either with Home or the camera itself imo.

My router btw shows it’s connected to 2.4Ghz with good signal strength even when it’s not responding in Home.

Jan 12, 2023 4:27 PM in response to ShannonM1

You may not know that while this camera is made by Logitech, it only works with HomeKit.

I contacted Logitech and they told me this is a know HomeKit problem.

The camera does not even show via Logitech app, so I have to assume FW updates should come via HomeKit?

So nobody is interested in taking responsibility for this?

Great user experience no doubt....

Mar 15, 2023 6:44 PM in response to smudge.io

I have only one Circle View Camera connected. The ASUS router is 5 feet away as is the Apple TV which is my only Home Hub. It’s always been connected via Ethernet (Fios)

For months it would go offline for a few minutes and come back at random times on its own. Starting last month it now goes offline until I power down or re-add it when the power-down doesn’t do the trick.

Jan 28, 2023 6:26 PM in response to KMB_12

@zen Turtle. I know your pain. Short summary: No solutions. Apple and Logitech will keep on sending the issue back at each other. I have been down that rathole. I have tried everything that both parties suggested. The only thing I can guaranty is that you are not the only one with the problem and that no one seems to know of a permanent solution or be particularly interested in finding one. You may get some luck by moving everything to the 2.4Ghz network. Full disable of 5Gh. but even this is not guaranteed to work or provide a long term stable solution.

Jul 26, 2023 5:05 AM in response to Zen Turtle

OK, I have resolved this issue in my own setup. I have 4 cameras and they have all, at various times, been very problematic. However, they are now completely stable. I have a Unifi Dream machine as my main router and network consisting of a Ubiquiti US-24-250W Main Switch and Unifi UAP-AC-Lite combined with fixed ethernet ports in my house. I have a couple of small Ubiquitie USW-Flex PoE switches dotted around as well.

In order to get stability I did 2 things:

1. I assigned a fixed IP address to each camera
  2. I tethered each camera to a specific wireless access point

Since I did that the cameras are completely stable and have no issues in dropping off or becoming unresponsive.

After that I toyed about with looking at how I could connect using ethernet PoE for 2 of the cameras. I purchased this splitter: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073P7J1KR?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Plug the RJ45 cable into a PoE switch or ethernet port if you have a main PoE switch and connect the USB. I now have 2 of my cameras working via ethernet rather than wifi. Very pleased with them now!

Apr 18, 2024 5:46 AM in response to Zen Turtle

The service this camera provides is definitely frustrating. It wasn't made to record. HomeKit does not support recording. I followed all the tips posted here so that the camera records. But it stays for about a few minutes and then becomes inoperative. I've already tested leaving it next to the router, and it still doesn't work in recording mode. So today my camera only in “Strem” mode. This is very frustrating!

May 12, 2023 5:55 AM in response to Zen Turtle

I am going to provide my input in case it helps anyone who may be in my situation. I am not an IT expert. I have two Circle View cameras and a doorbell that is hardwired. The doorbell has not caused me any problems. I used to have an old 2015 Apple router unit. When I first installed these cameras and doorbell two years ago, everything worked flawlessly through the home kit app. Recordings were never missed. Nothing ever went offline. Then I bought a brand new Orbi Mesh system (RBRE960) with the router and two satellites. We were starting to get a lot of connected devices and I thought it would be helpful. That's when these cameras stopped being awesome.

They would constantly go offline and recordings were random and rare with any motion. I spent hours and hours researching the problem and ultimately, I gave up. This week, I had tech support at my home for other issues and I brought up my problems. He asked me where my router and satellites were I showed him. He said I think they are too close together and they are confusing your devices. So, at his advice, I disconnected both satellites and ran just the Orbi router for the day/night. The Circle View cameras worked flawlessly. They did not go offline and they recorded all motions as directed. I was surprised that one Orbi router by itself covered full bars in my entire 2,600 SF home except for one room. I set up both satellites, one in that room and another in the garage, all of them pretty far apart. And so far the cameras are working flawlessly.

If you have a mesh WiFi system and your Circle View cameras are not working as they should, consider disconnecting your satellites and testing them with just your router, and if it works, try setting up your satellites as far apart as possible in your home. I would say mine are probably 60-70 feet apart, with one in the basement and the other in the garage, and the router in my main living room under my TV.

Jul 26, 2023 6:53 AM in response to vfr800a8

OK, I have resolved this issue in my own setup. I have 4 cameras and they have all, at various times, been very problematic. However, they are now completely stable. I have a Unifi Dream machine as my main router and network consisting of a Ubiquiti US-24-250W Main Switch and Unifi UAP-AC-Lite combined with fixed ethernet ports in my house. I have a couple of small Ubiquitie USW-Flex PoE switches dotted around as well.

In order to get stability I did 2 things:

1. I assigned a fixed IP address to each camera
  2. I tethered each camera to a specific wireless access point

Since I did that the cameras are completely stable and have no issues in dropping off or becoming unresponsive.

After that I toyed about with looking at how I could connect using an ethernet PoE splitter for 2 of the cameras. I purchased this splitter: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B073P7J1KR?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Plug the RJ45 cable into a PoE switch or ethernet port if you have a main PoE switch and connect the USB. I now have 2 of my cameras working via the ethernet splitter. Very pleased with them now!

Jan 12, 2023 2:29 PM in response to Zen Turtle

Hello Zen Turtle,

With this being a third-party accessory, your best option may be to contact Logitech for assistance as they'll be versed in anything the camera may need such as an update. You can access support here: Logitech Support + Download

Additionally, ensure that your paired Apple devices - including the hub - are updated: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support Again to ensure any necessary software is present and current.

Cheers!

Dec 27, 2023 8:17 AM in response to Zen Turtle

I share all the frustration with you regarding Logitech's Circle View camera. It's frustrating when you need it most, the camera lets you down, when out of nowhere it stops working.

At the end of October this year, I purchased a Logitech doorbell camera. All my bets on purchasing a 100% reliable product were the disappointment of the Circle View camera. The doorbell works perfectly, I've never had any problems with it.

It was through your comments that I realized I had gotten myself into trouble! I did it all, or almost everything, and I would like to share it with you.

At first, she started having frequent problems. I deduced that maybe it was a little far from a hub (Apple TV, so I moved it and placed it closer to a HomePod. It was more stable. Shortly after, when I changed its setting to record videos, when I left the house, every time which stopped working.

I emailed Logitech and support responded to perform several tests and procedures to get the camera system working. Finally, they said they would update the Firmware, with the following description: “The firmware will be the same version 8.2.64, but we pushed the firmware to update the camera.”

As for the video that stopped recording when I left home, I realized that perhaps I was having a system information conflict. The IPad that was at home had the same Apple ID as my iPhone, so I physically left the house with the IPhone, but the IPad remained at home. So, possibly a bug occurred (this was just an assumption).

So I created another Apple ID account for the IPad. The camera worked from 12/21 until yesterday, but simply stopped working.

The camera is connected to a smart plug, so turning it off and on is easier because sometimes it becomes inoperative and when you do this procedure of unplugging the socket and plugging it back in, it works again. This time, there was no point in doing so. But when I manually unplugged the camera and plugged it back in, it started working again. Now help me think here, what is the point of this?!

The next action I will do now is to bring a Wi-Fi signal extender closer to the camera, because I read in some comments here that this could be one of the reasons for the instability.

Logitech Circle View No Response

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.