Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dual display setup question

Hi!

I have two display and need:

1. Menu bar only on the main display
  2. If I turn off the option "Displays Have Separate Spaces", than Safari blacks out the secondary display in full screen. I don't need it.

So can I have menu bar only on main display and don't let Safari to black out the secondary display in full screen mode?

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 11:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2023 10:45 AM

Yes, of course - but only if you have "Displays have separate Spaces" checked.

FWIW, ever since this option exists (I think it may have been since Mavericks 10.9), I always have it checked.

Right now, I have Safari in full screen on one display, and Safari, and TextEdit, also in full screen, on the other. As a matter of fact, you can have several instances of the same or different applications in full screen. Each full screen application automatically gets its own Space.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2023 10:45 AM in response to Rustam_Himadiiev

Yes, of course - but only if you have "Displays have separate Spaces" checked.

FWIW, ever since this option exists (I think it may have been since Mavericks 10.9), I always have it checked.

Right now, I have Safari in full screen on one display, and Safari, and TextEdit, also in full screen, on the other. As a matter of fact, you can have several instances of the same or different applications in full screen. Each full screen application automatically gets its own Space.

Jan 11, 2023 5:02 AM in response to Rustam_Himadiiev

That would be very confusing… you switch to another Space and suddenly there is no menu bar…

But I forgot something that may or may not suit your wishes: you can of course simply decide to hide the menu bar, so that it only pops up when you move the cursor to the top of your screen. This is all or nothing, though, you can’t set it separately for different Spaces.

Dual display setup question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.