Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

clearing awards from Apple Fitness and starting over

While I have reset my health data, the awards do not clear but remain. The only solution I have found is to reset your apple watch and iphone, and then restore your iphone from a non-icloud (hence no encryption so no sensitive data is saved) back up, then pair your watch again. However, you lose all health data (which is okay) on your iphone - but also all saved passwords on your iphone which is not okay.

Does anyone know a way to clear all data, including awards, from your Apple Fitness without losing passwords? And for everyone's information, simply resetting health data does NOT clear awards. This appears to be a one way toggle on the awards in the database where the data is kept/processed.

Apple Watch Series 7

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 3:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 6:28 AM

After a couple years of trying to reset achievements and awards, I finally got someone to help! 

Me: I want to reset my activity in the fitness app, it's a couple years old and I want to start fresh. 

Apple: It is possible to do so, however you not only lose the Activity App data along with your Health data, but you have to set your watch up as new, not from a backup. you may need to unpair the Apple Watch, then set it up again as new instead restoring from back up.

Me: I haven't even used an Apple Watch in a couple years and now I got a new one so I did set it up as neW

Apple: By any chance, have you tried to delete all Data from Health?

To do that, go to settings/your name/iCloud/ health and turn off and delete. (If it is turned on)

After that, In the health app, remove the watch as a source and delete all it's data. If the watch is listed multiple times delete them all

Me: My health app says I need to turn on iCloud

Apple: Next, kindly go in Health app remove the watch as a source and delete all it's data

Me: So turn the cloud back on?

Apple: No, just leave the iCloud Health turned off in the Settings.

Next, go to Settings /general/ iPhone storage…find the watch app in the list, then delete all backups

Then Settings/general/iPhone storage…find the activity app and delete the app and all data

Let me know if you don't see any data for Watch App and Activity App on iPhone Storage.

Me: I'm having trouble finding activity app. Is it the fitness one? With the rings?

Apple: Yes, that's right. The one with the rings

Me: There's no way to delete OK wait! from the list it let me swipe left and it says delete app but it just won't delete (apparently it did delete the data just not the app from the list… I didn’t know until I went to try to delete the app directly on the home screen like the Apple guy suggests in the next step)

Apple: Did you try to delete the App directly on the Home Screen and reinstall the App in the App Store?

Me:Omggggggg it worked!!! This has been ******* me off for 2 years!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2023 6:28 AM in response to stanvanman

After a couple years of trying to reset achievements and awards, I finally got someone to help! 

Me: I want to reset my activity in the fitness app, it's a couple years old and I want to start fresh. 

Apple: It is possible to do so, however you not only lose the Activity App data along with your Health data, but you have to set your watch up as new, not from a backup. you may need to unpair the Apple Watch, then set it up again as new instead restoring from back up.

Me: I haven't even used an Apple Watch in a couple years and now I got a new one so I did set it up as neW

Apple: By any chance, have you tried to delete all Data from Health?

To do that, go to settings/your name/iCloud/ health and turn off and delete. (If it is turned on)

After that, In the health app, remove the watch as a source and delete all it's data. If the watch is listed multiple times delete them all

Me: My health app says I need to turn on iCloud

Apple: Next, kindly go in Health app remove the watch as a source and delete all it's data

Me: So turn the cloud back on?

Apple: No, just leave the iCloud Health turned off in the Settings.

Next, go to Settings /general/ iPhone storage…find the watch app in the list, then delete all backups

Then Settings/general/iPhone storage…find the activity app and delete the app and all data

Let me know if you don't see any data for Watch App and Activity App on iPhone Storage.

Me: I'm having trouble finding activity app. Is it the fitness one? With the rings?

Apple: Yes, that's right. The one with the rings

Me: There's no way to delete OK wait! from the list it let me swipe left and it says delete app but it just won't delete (apparently it did delete the data just not the app from the list… I didn’t know until I went to try to delete the app directly on the home screen like the Apple guy suggests in the next step)

Apple: Did you try to delete the App directly on the Home Screen and reinstall the App in the App Store?

Me:Omggggggg it worked!!! This has been ******* me off for 2 years!

clearing awards from Apple Fitness and starting over

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.