Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Make mail notification longer

I recently upgraded all the way from High Sierra (which didn't have these) to Monterey.

The mail notifications dismiss themselves a bit too fast for me. I use a second screen with my laptop, I'm usually busy on the bigger one, and I can't get my cursor to the right place in time (e.g., to delete junk mail on the way in).

Is there a way to specify that I'd like them to linger longer? Twice as long would be great.

When I first upgraded, I looked around for a control for this and found something that claimed to alter the time of some notifications, but whatever it did didn't affect mail notifications.

MacBook Pro 15″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jan 10, 2023 3:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 1:54 PM

Hello macswe,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities. We see you have some questions about how to make notifications longer on your Mac. As this isn't a current feature, we'd recommend leaving feedback about this here: Product Feedback

Regards.

Similar questions

2 replies

Make mail notification longer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.