Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen location of notifications on Mac

I appreciate the ability to receive various notifications while I am working on my Mac; however, I would like the option to change the location of those notices as the top right of the screen seems to interfere with other things I am doing. I would like to see the notifications but not have to "accept or acknowledge" them so I can get them out of the way.

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 9:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 8, 2023 10:18 AM

ChrisVBSML wrote:

I appreciate the ability to receive various notifications while I am working on my Mac; however, I would like the option to change the location of those notices as the top right of the screen seems to interfere with other things I am doing. I would like to see the notifications but not have to "accept or acknowledge" them so I can get them out of the way.

You cannot change the location, but you can change which applications are able to show notifications, AND which type of notifications. Banners, as opposed to Alerts, go away on their own after a while - that may meet your desire to not have to "accept or acknowledge".

Go to System Settings->Notifications and make whatever adjustments suit your needs.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 8, 2023 10:18 AM in response to ChrisVBSML

ChrisVBSML wrote:

You cannot change the location, but you can change which applications are able to show notifications, AND which type of notifications. Banners, as opposed to Alerts, go away on their own after a while - that may meet your desire to not have to "accept or acknowledge".

Go to System Settings->Notifications and make whatever adjustments suit your needs.

Screen location of notifications on Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.