Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Always outputting sound to Airpods Pro 2nd gen (or location based)

(New Airpods Pro user): I have not been able to find a hopefully obvious solution - While at work I would like to always default all sound output to the Airpods Pro. At the moment it happens that when I take the Airpods out of my ears, soundoutput defaults to the MacBook speakers.

Ideally I want to either default the output always to Airpods Pro (perhaps location based adjust the Mac settings) or mute the Macbook speaker when the Airpods are removed.

Reason: At work I use the Airpods for Microsoft Teams calls, when I take them out all calls / notifications go over the speaker. The current workaround is that I change once (after reboot / arriving at work) the output:

This then seems to "stick" until the next reboot:

This sounds like there should be an obvious solution to it - Any suggestions how to do this properly? I am coming from wired headphones which where always plugged in, hence not a problem.

Posted on Jan 11, 2023 9:51 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Always outputting sound to Airpods Pro 2nd gen (or location based)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.