Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Apple Watch does not stay “always on”. I have tried everything I can think of like resetting it and rebooting my phone. Is there anything else I can do?

I would like to keep my watch set at “always on”. I have tried everything I can think of to fix it. I used to have it set an “always on” so I know there’s nothing wrong with a watch. I’m not sure what I did to unset it. It now only turns on when I press the crown or tap the screen. I’ve tried resetting it by pressing the toggle on and off, and I’ve also rebooted my watch and my iPhone 13 pro. It is set on “always on”, but it is not staying always on.

please help!!!

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 12, 2023 8:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 9:38 AM

It could be in Theater Mode which keeps the watch dark during movies. Go to the Control Center by swiping up from bottom of the watch face. You should see an icon like this:

If it's orange, then it's active, and the watch will awaken only when you tap the face. Tap the theater icon to turn it off or on. 

Use Control Center on Apple Watch - Apple Support

I hope this fixes it...

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2023 9:38 AM in response to DebiLynnJ

It could be in Theater Mode which keeps the watch dark during movies. Go to the Control Center by swiping up from bottom of the watch face. You should see an icon like this:

If it's orange, then it's active, and the watch will awaken only when you tap the face. Tap the theater icon to turn it off or on. 

Use Control Center on Apple Watch - Apple Support

I hope this fixes it...

My Apple Watch does not stay “always on”. I have tried everything I can think of like resetting it and rebooting my phone. Is there anything else I can do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.