Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No Internet Connection Displayed but the device is able to access the internet

My iPhone has been displaying “no Internet connection “beneath my Wi-Fi network name. I can get this to go away by turning the Wi-Fi off and on again. But it typically comes back. However, even though it says there’s no Internet connection I have full Internet connection. I can stream on YouTube. I can surf on safari and even load the App Store and browse around. Every once in a while it will display “Cannot connect to App Store” with a Retry button below.

The issue comes when I try to download or update an app from the App Store. The device will start to try, and then say “unable to install _____ app”. Please try again later. If I turn off Wi-Fi, I can get the app to download without an issue.

This is also happening on multiple devices, an iPhone 11 pro (wifi only), iPhone 14 pro, an iPad pro, and two Apple TV‘s

It also happens on a completely different Wi-Fi net work in the lobby of my building with a different brand of router. I took the phones and iPad to that network and had the exact same issues with completely different network names. My wifi is also not available at that location. Just the lobby one.

I called apple and and they transferred me to my Internet provider. Who confirmed there is nothing going on with my service. They even reboot of my cable modem, and I reported my router and confirmed everything is working.

This is now day three of this happening and it’s getting very frustrating as this all started when I tried to set up a new Apple TV and download apps two nights ago.

The Apple TV won’t see my phone annymore (it did the very first time but failed connecting it to my wifi) and even when I do a manual set up it complains the network has no internet. If I try to install apps they just hang and say can’t install. Yet the Apple TV can play Ted lasso clips. Seems like internet is working fine lol. I was able to get YouTube to install by this process, clicking it in the App Store, it just spun and failed but it ended up on my Home Screen with the cloud icon. Then restarted the Apple TV and when it came back up voila it downloaded the app. Something very weird Is going on.

Is anyone else having an issue like this?

it’s getting extremely frustrating.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 1:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 12:03 PM

After talking with a senior Apple support tech they think this might be happening because iOS16 requires WPA3 and my router only supports WPA2. Anyone else with this problem able to confirm a WPA3 router might solve this problem?

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 13, 2023 1:34 AM in response to SravanKrA

I forgot to mention my 2 Alexa’s, 2 Alexa plugs, 2 wifi bulbs, Lutron hub, ring camera and blink cameras all connect just fine.

It’s just the apple devices that refuse to download apps.

The apple devices stream and download internet content just fine. Also how can it be my router or ISP when I have the exact same problem on a completely different wifi. Last this literally just happened to All my apple devices two days ago. If the phones truly didn’t have internet access to the App Store how am I able to even browse it?

Jan 13, 2023 1:06 AM in response to dbat777

Check your WiFi Router / Modem for --> Recommended settings for Wi-Fi routers and access points ...

Connecting to Wifi is the first part and then getting connected to the Internet is the second

1. If you connect to Wifi, doesn't necessarily mean you are connected to the internet. If you are not connected to wifi could be a problem with iPhone settings or Router/Modem Settings
  2. If you are not connected to the internet is the sole issue of Router / Modem Settings. Contact your ISP immediately

For your Internet connection.

• Over Cellular: contact your Carrier (Cellular Service Provider). The agency who issued the SIM to you
  • Over WiFI: Contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the agency who provided the Internet Service on your Modem/Router to you

However --> Connect iPhone to the Internet - Apple Support

No Internet Connection Displayed but the device is able to access the internet

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.