Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail 16.0 network preferences

I'm using macOS Ventura 13.1 and Mail 16.0 on a new iMac. New email arrives incomplete and asking to manually load the rest of the content. I have turned off all Protect Mail Activity functions but network preferences still do not load the emails fully. I need to manually load hidden content. Any suggestions on how to get Mail to load all the content in emails?

iMac (24-inch, M1, 2021, 2 ports)

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 7:23 AM

Roger Crowley wrote:

I CAN receive email BUT some content is missing. I need to click on the LOAD content button at the top of each message. That’s the problem. No problem sending or receiving email just I don’t receive the entire message.

Mail issues—

Open mail app select Mail>Settings>Privacy  disable all :

“Protect Mail Activity” 

“Hide IP address” 

“Block all remote content”

compare your results and report back.

ref: —Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

Use Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2023 7:23 AM in response to Roger Crowley

Roger Crowley wrote:

I CAN receive email BUT some content is missing. I need to click on the LOAD content button at the top of each message. That’s the problem. No problem sending or receiving email just I don’t receive the entire message.

Mail issues—

Open mail app select Mail>Settings>Privacy  disable all :

“Protect Mail Activity” 

“Hide IP address” 

“Block all remote content”

compare your results and report back.

ref: —Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

Use Mail Privacy Protection on Mac - Apple Support

Jan 15, 2023 5:56 PM in response to Roger Crowley

Hello Roger Crowley,

Thank you for reaching out to Apple Support Communities, and we'll be happy to help in any way we can. We understand you're having issues with loading mail on your Mac. Try the steps in this article to see if they resolve the issue: If you can’t receive emails in Mail on Mac

"In the Mail app  on your Mac, if you’re certain you’re not receiving messages, even after clicking the Get Mail button  in the Mail toolbar, try these suggestions.

• Check whether Mail is retrieving a large message or a message with large attachments. See View Mail activity.

• Check if you’re using filters in the message list that are preventing expected messages from being shown.
  • Try sorting messages in the message list by Date or another attribute, or searching for messages, to verify if you received them.
  • Check whether your account is offline or disabled (inactive).
  • If you’re missing emails from a specific person or group, check whether you blocked messages from them.
  • Try quitting Mail, then opening it again.
  • Choose Window > Connection Doctor, then follow any instructions in the Details column. Check for problems logging in to email accounts or with the incoming Mail server, or with firewall software blocking network traffic.
  • Check whether you’re affected by another firewall, such as software installed separately from macOS or built into an internet sharing router, or administered by your email account provider. Contact the appropriate person for information.
  • If you’re still having problems, contact your email account provider to verify your user name, password, incoming mail server, and other required information. Then verify the information is entered correctly in Mail account settings.

If you’re logged in to a network using VPN, also make sure that you entered your VPN password correctly."

We hope this helps.

Cheers!

Jan 16, 2023 5:39 AM in response to Roger Crowley

Perhaps you should check your email provider to see if you might be exceeding the limits of attachment sizes. All email providers' servers have limits on how large attachments can be. The other possibility is to reduce the size of the graphics by converting to jpg so they are not as large. Or to compress them using zip. That is if you are attaching as attachments and not including in the message area of the emails.

Mail 16.0 network preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.