Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I received a notification that I should change most of my iPhone passwords

I received a notification in System Preferences / Passwords saying that my password has been detected on a data Leak and telling me I should change most of my passwords... is this right?

What should I do next? It looks I have 323 passwords to change...

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 10:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 10:26 AM

What that is telling you is that your account credentials have shown up on one of the websites that lists compromised log-ins. It may be that some of them are for things that don't really matter like a website you had to create a login for to read some content. In theory, if you have no personal data and no payment instruments connected to that login, it may not matter. However, if you've reused those same log-ins on websites that do have personal information, that could be a problem. What hackers do is try the same set of credentials on numerous websites to see, if, for example, you've used the same set on boredpanda.com as you have on Amazon.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2023 10:26 AM in response to BitterPrettyGirl

What that is telling you is that your account credentials have shown up on one of the websites that lists compromised log-ins. It may be that some of them are for things that don't really matter like a website you had to create a login for to read some content. In theory, if you have no personal data and no payment instruments connected to that login, it may not matter. However, if you've reused those same log-ins on websites that do have personal information, that could be a problem. What hackers do is try the same set of credentials on numerous websites to see, if, for example, you've used the same set on boredpanda.com as you have on Amazon.

I received a notification that I should change most of my iPhone passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.