Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does my iPhone have malware?

So I was on a website to learn something. And I openend the website but it didn’t load. I saw in the Search bar not secured so it was http. So I left the website, it was just a white screen so i think it was stil loading. (I have black safari background) The only thing that came to my mind was maby malware. So i scanned the link and the scanner said that it had malware (bitdefender). So now I don’t know anymore. Do I have malware or could my iphone be hacked?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Jan 13, 2023 1:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 4:25 PM

"You can't get malware from a broken link" is totally inaccurate and should not be considered helpful in the Apple community. Please do your research. Also the statement "Are you a high-profile activist, politician, or journalist whose data would be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars to acquire" contradicts your final thought. Thanks

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2023 4:25 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

"You can't get malware from a broken link" is totally inaccurate and should not be considered helpful in the Apple community. Please do your research. Also the statement "Are you a high-profile activist, politician, or journalist whose data would be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars to acquire" contradicts your final thought. Thanks

Jan 13, 2023 2:04 PM in response to jonhy240

Hi, it is possible to get malware from visiting broken link sites or unsecured sites through links, amongst other items. Being your browser did not load the website does not necessarily mean you have a malware issue now, however, but to ensure your phone is not storing any unwanted cookies or bad links, do the following.

Open your settings > choose Safari not to be confused with Siri and Search. It's located in the 4th panel beneath Mail, Contacts, Calendar, etc. > From here, scroll down to Clear History and Website Data highlighted in Blue > Select Clear History and Data when the pop-up screen is displayed.

Do note you may lose previous saved items or logins.

Other options include contacting Apple Support for further help and or doing a hard reset on your device which should be the last option if possible. Good Luck.

Jan 14, 2023 8:41 AM in response to jonhy240

Have you jailbroken your phone? Has anyone had access to it while it was unlocked? Are you a high profile activist, politician or journalist whose data would be worth hundreds of thousands of dollars to acquire? If the answer to those questions is “No”, you don’t have malware. Despite what a previous poster has said, you can’t get malware from a broken link.

Does my iPhone have malware?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.