Related Article: If you forgot your Apple ID

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I need help with activation lock

I received an iPhone 6s from my niece, who forgot her Apple ID. We are trying to get help unlocking the phone.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 9:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2023 9:55 AM

The support article you arrived here from should provide her with the steps required to regain access to her Apple ID. Has she following them all yet? Once she does regain access, then she can use the following support article to prepare the phone to be transferred to you without it being activation locked.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2023 9:55 AM in response to AlexisR29

The support article you arrived here from should provide her with the steps required to regain access to her Apple ID. Has she following them all yet? Once she does regain access, then she can use the following support article to prepare the phone to be transferred to you without it being activation locked.

Jan 14, 2023 9:55 AM in response to AlexisR29

As you have discovered, you will need the password to the Apple ID that the iPhone is Activation Locked to. You may try the following links to retrieve the Apple ID and/or the Password.

Click 👉 If you forgot your Apple ID password - Apple Support

Click 👉 If you forgot your Apple ID - Apple Support

-------------------

If none of the above information helps, and you need further help removing Activation Lock and have proof of purchase documentation, you can 👉 start an Activation Lock support request.

Axel F.

I need help with activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.