Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

erase iphone

Hello. I bought my phone in Montenegro on 03/03/2022 and now I can't unlock my iPhone. After the reboot, I forgot the password and entered it incorrectly many times. After that, I got the information "Erase device". I remember my Apple ID password and it is correct. And I read that if you insert a SIM card with the Internet, then I can "erase the device." But the phone does not want to connect to the Internet sim card, I tried three different workers from the sim card with the Internet. Neither Wi-Fi nor mobile Internet works as I understand it. After I enter the correct password, it just takes an infinitely long time to load and that's it. Therefore, this method does not work. I know that my password is correct, because after entering it, I receive an SMS code on my phone, so my password is correct.

Then I decided to restore access to the phone from iTunes. I installed ittones. But After trying to enter it with his login, he gives an error every time. I read on the Internet that this is probably because I had never logged into iTunes before and did not add a payment card there. I logged into my account using google chrome browser. And I tried to add my work card from the Bank of Montenegro, which works without problems with other Apple phones in my family. But when trying to add a bank card, it also throws an unknown error and does not add a bank card. So I can't unlock my phone with or without a computer. I put my phone in queue for erasing via iclouds. but he writes that the erasure will occur only after the phone is connected to the Internet. but this phone is completely blocked and it does not see either a SIM card with the Internet or Wi-Fi! Please help me. My phone was blocked it seems back in November. But I have a small child, and for all these manipulations I have no more than 10 minutes a day. I have not used my iPhone for three months already.​

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 15

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 5:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 5:48 AM

Sorry about that, but these are the only steps you can perform if you forgot the passcode to unlock your device's screen, keeping in mind that if you don't have a backup all data will be lost on that device (except those that you eventually synced to iCloud):

If your device is running iOS 15.2/iPadOS 15.2 or later, AND if you have created a backup to iCloud, you don't need a computer:--> How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

Shouldn't be this case (iOS/iPadOS earlier than 15.2), you need a computer. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from your friends/relatives/neighbors or ask for help at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider, then read these suggestions.

Given that to remove the existing passcode you must connect your device via USB to a computer (a Windows PC running the latest iTunes version, or a Mac, which can run iTunes or Finder, depending on the macOS installed on it), pay attention to the specific gestures that you need to perform while connecting your device to the computer.

These are the instructions to re-gain access to your iPhone/iPad:

If it is an iPhone:--> If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

If it is an iPad:--> If you forgot your iPad passcode - Apple Support

Also, take a look at this support video about the same matter (for both iPhone and iPad):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s8-zLG9ySQ

Regards

Giulio

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2023 5:48 AM in response to Oksii

Sorry about that, but these are the only steps you can perform if you forgot the passcode to unlock your device's screen, keeping in mind that if you don't have a backup all data will be lost on that device (except those that you eventually synced to iCloud):

If your device is running iOS 15.2/iPadOS 15.2 or later, AND if you have created a backup to iCloud, you don't need a computer:--> How to reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch when you forgot your passcode - Apple Support

Shouldn't be this case (iOS/iPadOS earlier than 15.2), you need a computer. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from your friends/relatives/neighbors or ask for help at an Apple Store or Authorized Service Provider, then read these suggestions.

Given that to remove the existing passcode you must connect your device via USB to a computer (a Windows PC running the latest iTunes version, or a Mac, which can run iTunes or Finder, depending on the macOS installed on it), pay attention to the specific gestures that you need to perform while connecting your device to the computer.

These are the instructions to re-gain access to your iPhone/iPad:

If it is an iPhone:--> If you forgot your iPhone passcode - Apple Support

If it is an iPad:--> If you forgot your iPad passcode - Apple Support

Also, take a look at this support video about the same matter (for both iPhone and iPad):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7s8-zLG9ySQ

Regards

Giulio

erase iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.