Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

backed up iphone8 manually on pc. Can't see any photos, in pc itunes app. if use icloud, all devices have everything. worried won't have photos, files when restore backup. tried to turn off icloud, but says I'll lose photos if do

backed up iphone8 manually on pc for battery replacement. (not using Icloud because don't want all content on all devices). After backup, can't see any photos, content in pc itunes app. Says "icloud photos on". when tried to turn off icloud photos sync button in phone settings/icloud, msg said could lose all photos if do that. what should I do to get all content backed up in pc itunes app?

iPhone 8

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 2:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 5:33 PM

See Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC - Apple Support. While photos in the camera roll are normally included in a device backup, they don't automatically get copied to a location you can browse, nor do they show anywhere in the iTunes library. If iCloud Photos is active, as appears to be the case, then they may not be included in the backup. I would advise making a device backup to iCloud as well as your computer. Too late to do it later should you find you have issues using the computer backup.

See Download iCloud photos and videos - Apple Support to make local copies of whatever is currently in the cloud.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2023 5:33 PM in response to Funlvr

See Transfer photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your Mac or PC - Apple Support. While photos in the camera roll are normally included in a device backup, they don't automatically get copied to a location you can browse, nor do they show anywhere in the iTunes library. If iCloud Photos is active, as appears to be the case, then they may not be included in the backup. I would advise making a device backup to iCloud as well as your computer. Too late to do it later should you find you have issues using the computer backup.

See Download iCloud photos and videos - Apple Support to make local copies of whatever is currently in the cloud.

tt2

backed up iphone8 manually on pc. Can't see any photos, in pc itunes app. if use icloud, all devices have everything. worried won't have photos, files when restore backup. tried to turn off icloud, but says I'll lose photos if do

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.