Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

The Do not disturb toggle switch has disappeared.

When I swipe down from the top, right, it shows that my ‘do not disturb’ is on. When I go to settings, focus, it also shows that the ‘do not disturb’ is on. When I select the do not disturb line, it goes to a screen which offers me choices about setting a schedule, but there is no toggle switch to turn ‘do not disturb’ off.

iPhone 12

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 2:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2023 6:35 PM

same here Tamar, that's my issue. I do find a lot of the changes in version upgrades tend to be changes that aren't value added, just changes. Sometimes its best to leave simple things alone. Happy to have the schedule but also want to be able to turn "do not disturb" on with a simple click and not have to schedule it. Thanks to this string I've found where its been moved to, helpful. Thank you.

40 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2023 6:35 PM in response to Tamar_m

same here Tamar, that's my issue. I do find a lot of the changes in version upgrades tend to be changes that aren't value added, just changes. Sometimes its best to leave simple things alone. Happy to have the schedule but also want to be able to turn "do not disturb" on with a simple click and not have to schedule it. Thanks to this string I've found where its been moved to, helpful. Thank you.

Jan 16, 2023 10:41 PM in response to Tamar_m

Hi Tamar_m

Welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community

Re: "there is no toggle switch to turn ‘do not disturb’ off"

Seems we now turn off "Do Not Disturb" by simply tapping the schedule we set.

Apple support's articles have lots of good info. yet do not say how to turn it off.

Use Do Not Disturb with Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

and

More info . on what you can do with Focus:

Use Focus on your iPhone or iPad – Apple Support

All the best :-)

Jan 21, 2023 7:17 PM in response to Babirming

Hi Babirming,

We are all Apple users, like yourself in this Community,

so are quite unable to do as you request.

Most of us would likely be able to adapt to the change,

as changes are frequent in software and IT.

If you want, you could send your feedback to Apple,

ie: to reach those who could make changes.

If others are also requesting this feature, maybe it will re-appear in an update.

Apple's online webform for Feedback

Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Apr 13, 2023 12:07 PM in response to allegrojane

Edited to reflect edit of your post.

Where did you see “smiley face?” I said “Crescent moon” if I said anything. Here it is in a screenshot, the button circled in green:

To get to the Control Center swipe down from the Battery icon in phones with Face ID or up from the bottom for TouchID phones. If you tap the button it will toggle Do Not Disturb. If you tap Focus it will show you all of the focus options.

Jan 22, 2023 7:23 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Not true. It used to be under focus. Now, it is gone. You have to create a focus program in order to configure times when the ‘do not disturb’ is on or off and then choose a whole bunch of different features that attached to that particular program you have created. It’s absurd. I have had to create a focus program that starts at 12:01 AM and goes until 11:59 PM every night as well as choose exactly which apps and people I want included or not included- all opposed to just turning it on or off.

Jan 22, 2023 6:40 PM in response to Tamar_m

Tamar_m wrote:

Hi, Lawrence. I’m sorry I put you on the defensive. I just wrote a long reply, and it was deleted because it was too long. I’ll try again.
here’s what I see under settings-focus

why are you looking under Settings /Focus.

I did not say anything about settings/Focus because the switch isn’t there anymore. It was MOVED to the CONTROL CENTER. As shown in my screenshot of the CONTROL CENTER.

Jan 23, 2023 5:18 AM in response to Tamar_m

Tamar_m wrote:

Thanks for trying to help. I included a screenshot of my CONTROL CENTER. It still doesn’t allow for simply turning the do not disturb on or off.
I think we can see that there’s something I’m not getting, so I’ll try to get some help in person.

If you tap the round button in the oval it turns DND on or off. If you tap the the right side of the button it lets you select which Focus setting you want to use.

Mar 7, 2023 2:12 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

I've never used the control center and had to do a search to find out how to activate it. You have to swipe down diagonally from the top right corner of your screen to open the control center. Once there the Focus button is visible, but even then it's NOT intuitive. You can't simply tap the button - it will open the useless Focus interface. You have to press the little moon icon in the left side of the button to turn Focus off.

Apr 13, 2023 12:32 PM in response to allegrojane

allegrojane wrote:

Earlier in the thread, it was you who referred to smiley face.

What the icon looks like would depend on what the user has set it to be. Do Not Disturb, by default is the crescent moon, Sleep a bed, Driving a car, etc. I have one Focus called "Test" that I use for, well, testing and the icon is a smiley face. I assume that's a default for user created ones.

But I realize now my confusion. When I click on "Do Not Disturb," it changes to "Focus,"
which I thought was a separate additional setting. But now I realize that Focus is just
the name of the option. (Insert face palm)

By George! I think you've got it.

I can see where that would be confusing and will make an effort to point that out in the future when trying to explain this to people.

The Do not disturb toggle switch has disappeared.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.