Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music imported all my iTunes songs and albums but not the playlists

I just upgraded to Monterey. I've tried the solutions others have presented. I opened Music while holding down Option and chose my iTunes Library.itl file for my library. All of my songs and albums are there but the playlists aren't happening. How can I import those?

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 2:50 PM

7 replies

Jan 15, 2023 4:35 PM in response to giles176

Monterey seems to have an issue converting .itl files. Often it stalls completely. If you or a friend have access to a machine running Catalina or Big Sur you can convert the database there (media not required) or if you can update to Ventura this doesn't seem to be an issue. If neither of those options work for you then I've converted a number of libraries for people remotely. Check my profile here and drop me a line with your .itl file or a link to it in a cloud location and I can post back a .musiclibrary version converted using Catalina.

tt2

Music imported all my iTunes songs and albums but not the playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.