Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sign up for Apple TV

I have tried multiple times and with multiple cards, to sign up for Apple TV. It usually just erases the card information that I put in, but one time it did take the card info, but just gave me a blank white screen with a loading symbol that sat there loading for over an hour. Does Apple not want my money? What do I have to do to get them to take my information?

Posted on Jan 15, 2023 7:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 2:48 AM

The payment method should be issued in the same country as what is set for the Apple ID account. (If you have e.g. a Canadian Apple ID account, then you must also use a Canadian card.) That has to match.

The payment method for subscription services should support automatic and periodical billing.

Some debit cards in some countries can only be used for adding balance to your account.

Some cards may have set restrictions for international billing, which may be a requirement in some countries. Ask the card issuer/​financial institution/​bank about that, if applicable. (E.g. Apple transactions in Western Europe go through Apple Ireland.)

What is your card type? What is your country or country-like region?

Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID (by country) - Apple Support

It works by linking a pre-authorized payment method to your Apple ID account, so that you can pay subscription fees automatically and other purchases with a few clicks.

If you believe to do it all correctly, and it still doesn’t work, then contact Apple Support for assistance.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2023 2:48 AM in response to bosswife78

The payment method should be issued in the same country as what is set for the Apple ID account. (If you have e.g. a Canadian Apple ID account, then you must also use a Canadian card.) That has to match.

The payment method for subscription services should support automatic and periodical billing.

Some debit cards in some countries can only be used for adding balance to your account.

Some cards may have set restrictions for international billing, which may be a requirement in some countries. Ask the card issuer/​financial institution/​bank about that, if applicable. (E.g. Apple transactions in Western Europe go through Apple Ireland.)

What is your card type? What is your country or country-like region?

Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID (by country) - Apple Support

It works by linking a pre-authorized payment method to your Apple ID account, so that you can pay subscription fees automatically and other purchases with a few clicks.

If you believe to do it all correctly, and it still doesn’t work, then contact Apple Support for assistance.

Can't sign up for Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.