Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random black stuff in my AirPods case

I got my AirPods on Christmas and they didn’t have any black stuff on them but after a few days it just showed up. I’ve tried rubbing it off with a wet cloth and it didn’t help. I’ll try any suggestions.

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 7:08 PM

Hello American_Deer,

Check out Apple's recommendations for how to clean you AirPods:

How to clean your AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and EarPods - Apple Support

If you can't clean off your AirPods' case, you can order a replacement (if you have AppleCare+, you might be able to receive a new case free of charge depending on the circumstances).

Note that buildup can occur on your AirPods from frequent use and dust, etc. If this is a problem other than these stated conditions, the limited warranty that came with your AirPods may cover the damage.

I hope this helps. Have a nice day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2023 7:08 PM in response to American_Deer

Hello American_Deer,

Check out Apple's recommendations for how to clean you AirPods:

How to clean your AirPods, AirPods Pro, AirPods Max, and EarPods - Apple Support

If you can't clean off your AirPods' case, you can order a replacement (if you have AppleCare+, you might be able to receive a new case free of charge depending on the circumstances).

Note that buildup can occur on your AirPods from frequent use and dust, etc. If this is a problem other than these stated conditions, the limited warranty that came with your AirPods may cover the damage.

I hope this helps. Have a nice day.

Random black stuff in my AirPods case

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.