Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i upgrade My 2014 macbook El capitan software to the newest version?

how can i upgrade My 2014 macbook El capitan software to the newest version? MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 1:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 1:03 PM

Welcome!

how can i upgrade My 2014 macbook El capitan software to the newest version? MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Mid 2014)

You cannot; however, you can upgrade to macOS Big Sur 11. Get it here: How to download macOS - Apple Support.

Before installing, it’s a good idea to back up your Mac. While installing, avoid putting your Mac to sleep or closing its lid. Your Mac will restart, and it might show a progress bar or blank screen several times. 

Jack

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2023 1:03 PM in response to DanasMacbook

Welcome!

You cannot; however, you can upgrade to macOS Big Sur 11. Get it here: How to download macOS - Apple Support.

Before installing, it’s a good idea to back up your Mac. While installing, avoid putting your Mac to sleep or closing its lid. Your Mac will restart, and it might show a progress bar or blank screen several times. 

Jack

how can i upgrade My 2014 macbook El capitan software to the newest version?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.