Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

secure eresed my HD now it won't load the OS

did a secure erase on my HD now it states an error ocurred while attemping to reload the OS tried again 3 times

iMac 21.5″ 4K, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 2:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2023 2:12 PM

Hey Jinarajja.

if you are having trouble booting into your macs recovery drive, you can reinstall macOS from the ‘internet recovery’ option.

To do this, make sure your mac is powered off. Then hold down option - command - shift and R. Keep holding until you see the option to connect to a Wi-Fi. Connect to your network and your mac will boot into the recovery OS. (This can take a while depending on your internet speeds)

Hope this helps.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2023 2:12 PM in response to jinarajja

Hey Jinarajja.

if you are having trouble booting into your macs recovery drive, you can reinstall macOS from the ‘internet recovery’ option.

To do this, make sure your mac is powered off. Then hold down option - command - shift and R. Keep holding until you see the option to connect to a Wi-Fi. Connect to your network and your mac will boot into the recovery OS. (This can take a while depending on your internet speeds)

Hope this helps.

secure eresed my HD now it won't load the OS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.