Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Converting family share for children control to apple one

I signed up for Apple One and gave it as a Christmas gift to my family. One of my children has children of their own and actively uses parental control and other family share items. They are concerned about signing up for Apple One as they fear it will result in all control items and other parental things will be lost and out of their control.

What needs to happen for them to start family sharing with Apple One?

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 11:35 AM

Basically I wouldn't have any worries unless they are worried about a particular individual since Family Sharing doesn't refine to that level of permission. But since they already use Family Sharing there shouldn't be any real concern. The only thing I can think of offhand is they will all be sharing iCloud storage, so if one child is greedy and needs 1.99TB then the other people will be sharing 0.01 TB. However, there's even ways to resolve that problem.

I suggest you let the parents read through these summary documents and see how things balance for them:

Bundle Apple subscriptions with Apple One - Apple Support

What happens to your iCloud storage when you sign up for Apple One - Apple Support

Apple One "In case you missed anything." FAQ at the end of this page --> Apple One - Apple

Apple One - Apple Cost at the very bottom.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2023 11:35 AM in response to sar913

Basically I wouldn't have any worries unless they are worried about a particular individual since Family Sharing doesn't refine to that level of permission. But since they already use Family Sharing there shouldn't be any real concern. The only thing I can think of offhand is they will all be sharing iCloud storage, so if one child is greedy and needs 1.99TB then the other people will be sharing 0.01 TB. However, there's even ways to resolve that problem.

I suggest you let the parents read through these summary documents and see how things balance for them:

Bundle Apple subscriptions with Apple One - Apple Support

What happens to your iCloud storage when you sign up for Apple One - Apple Support

Apple One "In case you missed anything." FAQ at the end of this page --> Apple One - Apple

Apple One - Apple Cost at the very bottom.

Converting family share for children control to apple one

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.