Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What to do when iTunes video looks funny

Hi, guys.

So, when I try to play a video on iTunes for Windows, this happens:

Sorry about the image quality, but I had to take it using my phone due to that thing iTunes does when it detects the use of screen capture software. Do you guys know how to fix this? I tried restarting my computer, updating my graphics drivers, running iTunes as an administrator, and giving it a higher priority in the Task Manager, but none of it worked. Please help me.

Posted on Jan 17, 2023 6:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 9:51 AM

Hey there WindowsFanDealWithIt,

That is a strange to occur in iTunes, and we'd like to help however we can. Let's begin with ruling out some other possible causes as you've tried some great steps already. We'd like to also confirm more details to better understand what's happening:

1. When did this first start to occur?
  2. Does this occur when playing any video within iTunes, or only a specific one?
  3. From where are you obtaining videos to play within iTunes, or were these purchased from the iTunes Store?
  4. You mentioned updating a few things, but did you check for any Microsoft updates for Windows?
  5. What about checking for the last iTunes version? This link has the steps to download it: Update iTunes on PC

Cheers!

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2023 9:51 AM in response to WindowsFanDealWithIt

Hey there WindowsFanDealWithIt,

That is a strange to occur in iTunes, and we'd like to help however we can. Let's begin with ruling out some other possible causes as you've tried some great steps already. We'd like to also confirm more details to better understand what's happening:

1. When did this first start to occur?
  2. Does this occur when playing any video within iTunes, or only a specific one?
  3. From where are you obtaining videos to play within iTunes, or were these purchased from the iTunes Store?
  4. You mentioned updating a few things, but did you check for any Microsoft updates for Windows?
  5. What about checking for the last iTunes version? This link has the steps to download it: Update iTunes on PC

Cheers!

Jan 19, 2023 5:54 PM in response to bruno75

Okay, so when did this first occur? Well, I have reinstalled Windows once before due to an issue with the boot process, but I don't think that's the issue. I don't really know when this started occurring, but it was probably when I first installed iTunes on this Windows installation. Does this occur when playing any video, or just one? Well, I tried it on both the video I was playing in the picture, and another video, and they were both downloaded to the computer (I did this while I was writing this). And both videos were actually purchased by my mom, and shared to me through Family Sharing. I didn't think about updating Windows, or iTunes, but I can tell you that the version of iTunes I was playing the videos on was 12.12.7.1. And I might be able to send a dxdiag file if you want.

Update: The only update I got after doing a Windows Update was for the Windows Defender program, and I don't think there's any problem with that.

Jan 19, 2023 6:29 PM in response to WindowsFanDealWithIt

Hello WindowsFanDealWithIt,

You mentioned the videos are downloaded to the computer. Does this issue happen if you attempt to simply stream them? This detail can help to determine if the issue is with iTunes or something to do with your computer. Also, would you be able to test these videos from another device or check to see if anyone else in your Family Sharing group can play the videos without issue?

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling iTunes to see if having a fresh install of the software helps.

Best regards.

Jan 22, 2023 7:44 AM in response to WindowsFanDealWithIt

Hi WindowsFanDealWithIt,

Did you have a chance to try the other two troubleshooting steps recommended in our last message?

If so, note what happened with each.

If you're still having issues, whether with the original videos, or streaming any video or other iTunes content, the next step is to contact Apple Support. Let them know what's happening, and what steps you've done so far, so they can look further into the issue with iTunes.

Apple Support

Take care!

What to do when iTunes video looks funny

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.