Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Mac Mini w/M2 Ram amount?

I'm upgrading from the late 2018 Mac Mini to the New Mini with the M2 chip.

Need some advice on how much ram to choose. My concern is that at times I have multiple windows open with emails, internet and Word docs and need to know if I should stay with the 8gb of ram or upgrade to 16gb? Thank you!

Mac mini, macOS 12.6

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 7:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 7:40 AM

I just ordered an M2 mini pro with 32GB RAM and a 1 TB drive. Neither macOS nor third-party applications are shrinking in size and you need to configure for that growth, increased RAM demand, and evolving usage requirements. I am replacing an M1 mini with 16 GB RAM.

Similar questions

2 replies

Feb 26, 2023 10:03 AM in response to VikingOSX

I'm planning a similar purchase. 32GB seems like overkill. I'd rather spend the same money on 2TB. With at least a dozen webpages open in Safari and three in Chrome and 20 apps opened, this is the memory being used on a M1 MBP with 32GB

I want to future proof, but Apple Silicon is reported to be better at allocating memory. Here is CPU

I get spinning beach balls and stalled apps still, but never can tell what is causing it. Mostly with TextMate or now trying Nova.

I don't doubt that 16GB will work, but how much will 32GB be of benefit? My use is some web development (hobby) and photography. And Safari surfing the web.

I am replacing a 2017 iMac which I quite using and am now using the MBP, but want a desktop. Already have a 4K 27" monitor (not as nice as the iMac, but might upgrade in the future). I always preferred separate monitor and computer, but at the time the iMac seemed like the better solution, but these new Minis bring back the good enough computer.

New Mac Mini w/M2 Ram amount?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.