Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

no delete option in itunes for the 6th gen ipod?

I have the 80gb 6th gen. ipod, when I go into itunes and select my ipod and right click onto a song, it does not give me an option for deletion, it just says transfer to ipod and 2 other options which don't say delete and I have also went into itunes itself and changed the way it sync's and still no delete option, am I gonna be able to delete any songs off of my ipod or am I stuck the way it is? Please help

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 10:20 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 11:25 AM

Typically with a synced device you edit the sync selections, then update to sync the device. That might mean that you perhaps need to uncheck the track in iTunes, or remove it from any playlists that are scheduled to sync, then initiate a sync to update it. Deleting specific tracks from the device would only be possible if the device was manually managed. Switching modes might cause all existing content to be removed, so make sure that is what you intend before you try it.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2023 11:25 AM in response to kmalions72

Typically with a synced device you edit the sync selections, then update to sync the device. That might mean that you perhaps need to uncheck the track in iTunes, or remove it from any playlists that are scheduled to sync, then initiate a sync to update it. Deleting specific tracks from the device would only be possible if the device was manually managed. Switching modes might cause all existing content to be removed, so make sure that is what you intend before you try it.

tt2

no delete option in itunes for the 6th gen ipod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.