Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t add my Yahoo mail account on my iPad

Same account works fine with my iPhone 13 Pro. I can’t see what to do here to get my Yahoo account working in iPad Mail. It used to work fine but over the last few months, it has become slower and slower to sync to the point where it refused completely. I deleted the Yahoo account from iPad Mail and tried to set it up again. Same problem as others have mentioned, e.g. get verification code, enter it but the account fails to show up in Mail’s account list. I have given up and now use the Yahoo app, although I don’t like it much. My partner has exactly the same problem with her iPad 4 in which Yahoo has not updated her emails for several months ( she hasn’t tried deleting and re-connecting the account. Like me, her iPhone 11 Pro Mail works fine with the the same Yahoo account. This is all very odd and very frustrating! Any ideas, anyone?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad mini 4 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 3:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 3:59 PM

Be aware that some email providers now require the use of App Specific Passwords when accessing mail over IMAP or POP3. If this applies to your email account, you will need to generate a unique password for your iPad email account - that will differ from your normal Account Password. As examples - AOL, Yahoo, Google, Microsoft all use App Specific Passwords when using anything other than their own email client Apps.

If you need to generate an App Specific Password, you’ll need to log-in to your Mail Providers account management webpage - using a web browser - and generate the Password from the appropriate account security page.

For Yahoo, more information can be found here:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 18, 2023 3:59 PM in response to Poet1803

Be aware that some email providers now require the use of App Specific Passwords when accessing mail over IMAP or POP3. If this applies to your email account, you will need to generate a unique password for your iPad email account - that will differ from your normal Account Password. As examples - AOL, Yahoo, Google, Microsoft all use App Specific Passwords when using anything other than their own email client Apps.

If you need to generate an App Specific Password, you’ll need to log-in to your Mail Providers account management webpage - using a web browser - and generate the Password from the appropriate account security page.

For Yahoo, more information can be found here:

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/SLN27791.html

Can’t add my Yahoo mail account on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.