Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5s Restore Issues

I recently found my old iPhone 5s and it was locked with iTunes. I put it into recovery mode, used an official apple cable, and plugged it into my mac. My mac gave me the option to restore or update. I tried both and they both gave me the same error message: The software for the iPhone “iPhone” was corrupted during download. and I can't do anything else. someone, please help, thanks.

iPhone 5s

Posted on Jan 18, 2023 6:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 6:54 AM

Please check if this helps -> If you see an error when you update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

If you see an error when you update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

If you have followed all the steps and instructions and if you still need help, get more help and assistant from Apple directly, see Contact Apple for support and service -> Contact Apple for support and service – Apple Support (UK) 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2023 6:54 AM in response to Codisius

Please check if this helps -> If you see an error when you update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

If you see an error when you update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod - Apple Support

If you have followed all the steps and instructions and if you still need help, get more help and assistant from Apple directly, see Contact Apple for support and service -> Contact Apple for support and service – Apple Support (UK) 

iPhone 5s Restore Issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.