Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Optimized charge does not works after updating Monterey to 12.6.2

I had a problem with optimized charge after updating to 12.6.2

My MacBook Pro charge level used to be in 80% level since I use my computer always with a charging adapter.

After the update I waited 3 days without restarting the computer but no luck it is stuck at 100%

I also checked the battery level using coconut battery but it also shows that it is 100%

Since optimized charging algorithm does not generate a report nor I couldn't found some way to debug the learning algorithm I couldn't understand if the issue is caused by software algorithm or misbehaving SMC

At the end I installed Al Dante application and everything returned to normal ( or the way I think it is normal ) But I would prefer native apple software to do this work rather than a thirty party application.

MacBook Pro 13″

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 7:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 7:37 AM

To compare if I may ?

Have a M1 MBA running macOS 13.1 Ventura since day One of release Oct 24, 2022.

Had the same situation as your machine where the Battery stayed allows a 100%

It took from Oct 24, 2022 on Ventura 13.0 to Ventura 13.0.1 released Nov 9, 2022 and finally to Ventura 13.1 released Dec 13, 2022 for the " Slow Learner " " lol " software algorithm to eventually learn its' lesson and function as expected

As can seen in below image - On Dec 16, 2022 ( 2 days after version 13.1 was installed ) it working fine now.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2023 7:37 AM in response to kivanc48

To compare if I may ?

Have a M1 MBA running macOS 13.1 Ventura since day One of release Oct 24, 2022.

Had the same situation as your machine where the Battery stayed allows a 100%

It took from Oct 24, 2022 on Ventura 13.0 to Ventura 13.0.1 released Nov 9, 2022 and finally to Ventura 13.1 released Dec 13, 2022 for the " Slow Learner " " lol " software algorithm to eventually learn its' lesson and function as expected

As can seen in below image - On Dec 16, 2022 ( 2 days after version 13.1 was installed ) it working fine now.

Jan 19, 2023 9:26 AM in response to kivanc48

kivanc48 wrote:

Thank you for very informative reply. 1 - Maybe I should check the Ventura update sometime.

1 - macOS Ventura - Apple (CA) for a intro to the Features

2 - By the way are you happy with Ventura ?

2 - In General am fine with it. A few new features like System Preferences re -named System Setting.

It is more in-line and more functional along the lines of iOS for iDevices. Some setting within System Setting are not a transparent as in Monterey

3 - Background Process as it pertains to Third Party Software Applications have been problematic. Especially when they not Appearing in " System Security & Privacy "

4 - Stage Manager is good

5 - All above is subjective and coming from 2 machines, M1 Mac Mini and M1 MBA. All started with Big Sur to Monterey and now Ventura

Jan 21, 2023 1:31 AM in response to kivanc48

Difficult to say exactly how it "learns " and under any specific conditions like shutdown and restart to just restart and to honest what this has any affect on how and when it learns.

PS mentioned Background process in earlier reply.

Below is just one of many other posting specific to this process

Background Items Added "Google Updater" P… - Apple Community

Jan 20, 2023 10:37 PM in response to PRP_53

Thanks Phillips,

I also have a M1 Mac Mini and I'm using it on my desktop and I generally test the new releases on that computer.

I agree with you that some detailed settings are not available in Ventura ( for example I couldn't find preferred wifi networks in System Settings ) so I haven't decided to upgrade to Ventura on my Intel MBP.

Have a nice one.

Optimized charge does not works after updating Monterey to 12.6.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.