Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Big Sur 11.5.1 charging issue.

I have updated my MacBook Pro to Big Sur 11.5.1 and my factory 61W charger stopped working with it. Apparently, other users experienced the same so I am afraid it is a software issue. Does anybody have a solution for this? (The battery is on 30% so it is not the prevent aging function.)

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 11.5

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 2:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 6, 2021 2:52 AM

sircsak Said:

"Big Sur 11.5.1 charging issue.: I have updated my MacBook Pro to Big Sur 11.5.1 and my factory 61W charger stopped working with it. Apparently, other users experienced the same so I am afraid it is a software issue. Does anybody have a solution for this? (The battery is on 30% so it is not the prevent aging function.)"

-------

Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. Updates), system configurations (i.e. for Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Try performing each thrice. It may take sometime, being certain you have the time to perform these resets.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 6, 2021 2:52 AM in response to sircsak

sircsak Said:

"Big Sur 11.5.1 charging issue.: I have updated my MacBook Pro to Big Sur 11.5.1 and my factory 61W charger stopped working with it. Apparently, other users experienced the same so I am afraid it is a software issue. Does anybody have a solution for this? (The battery is on 30% so it is not the prevent aging function.)"

-------

Reset the SMC and your NVRAM:

Sometimes when changes are made to the system(i.e. Updates), system configurations (i.e. for Power) become manipulated, technically. So, reset the SMC and NVRAM. Try performing each thrice. It may take sometime, being certain you have the time to perform these resets.

Aug 6, 2021 2:52 AM in response to sircsak

sircsak Said:

-------

Troubleshooting Power:

A. Try a New Charger:

B. A Few Links to Refer to for Power:

Big Sur 11.5.1 charging issue.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.