Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New HomePod, no stereo pairing?

I just read the new 2023 HomePod small letter information.

“To create a stereo pair you need two HomePod speakers of the same model”.

I actually have two home pods mini. (Living room and bedroom).

I was thinking in buying a new HomePod and to pair it with one of the HomePod mini.

Why it is not possible?

Do I have to spend more than 700€ to do it?

Did Apple think about the brand loyal customers?

HomePod mini, 16

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 7:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 9:21 AM

Stereo pairing requires matched devices. You're currently able to pair two OG HomePods, or two HomePod minis. The new model will be capable of stereo pairing with the same model, so no change there. You can also play to all of your HomePods at once across your entire home, stereo pairing is used to create an enhanced effect in a single room.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2023 9:21 AM in response to JimmyXTC

Stereo pairing requires matched devices. You're currently able to pair two OG HomePods, or two HomePod minis. The new model will be capable of stereo pairing with the same model, so no change there. You can also play to all of your HomePods at once across your entire home, stereo pairing is used to create an enhanced effect in a single room.

tt2

Jan 19, 2023 7:48 AM in response to JimmyXTC

they have different chips and technology

https://9to5mac.com/2023/01/18/hompod-stereo-pair-different-models/

if the differences would mean they could not be sure they were in sync in stereo then it would likely be

a pain if they attempted to support it

suppse you can pair the two minis in 1 room and keep the new non mini in the other

you can try contacting apple Support ->  Get Support (apple.com)

/

Contact - Official Apple

Support

and or give them feedback -> Feedback - HomePod - Apple

New HomePod, no stereo pairing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.