Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ventura keeps crashing

Ever since I installed Ventura and then Ventura 13.1, my iMac crashes when I stop using out for a short while. Anybody haver any idea why this happens and what can be done. I send a crash report on each occasion, i.e. a few times a day, so apple know about the problem but nothing seems top be happening. Any help/ideas much appreciated.

iMac 27″, macOS 13.1

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 10:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2023 8:05 AM

Rortyfan wrote:

Ever since I installed Ventura and then Ventura 13.1, my iMac crashes when I stop using out for a short while. Anybody haver any idea why this happens and what can be done. I send a crash report on each occasion, i.e. a few times a day, so apple know about the problem but nothing seems top be happening. Any help/ideas much appreciated.

To trouble shoot further you can:

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

—A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Login and test; a reboot will put it back to normal mode.

This test will tell you if third party interference; extensions etc are not loaded in safe boot mode.

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/VPN/Anti-Virus

all known to cause issues on the macOS

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2023 8:05 AM in response to Rortyfan

Rortyfan wrote:

To trouble shoot further you can:

—Test issue in another user (or guest user) account Change Users & Groups settings on Mac - Apple Support

This will tell you if it a universal issue or isolated to your user/admin account. 

—A SafeBoot How to use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support will sort many anomalies

Login and test; a reboot will put it back to normal mode.

This test will tell you if third party interference; extensions etc are not loaded in safe boot mode.

Uninstall all third party apps that are Cleaners/Optimizers/VPN/Anti-Virus

all known to cause issues on the macOS

Jan 21, 2023 8:26 AM in response to Rortyfan

Follow previous advise First.

Fall back position after exhausting all other options >>

Download the Application Etrecheck directly from the Developer.

This is a Diagnostic Tool that makes no changes to the computer.

It makes a coherent and readable inventory of both the Hardware and Software used on the computer 

The application is free or paid from added features. 

The Report will Not Reveal Any Personal Information. 

Ventura keeps crashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.