Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV continuously playing music

I have a Apple TV and 2 Homepod minis and recently my music library is continuously playing.I pause, reset both TV and homepods and switch off but the music starts again. This was through the night last night. I’ve switched off the apple tv but it starts again. My wife is threatening to put the devices in the bin if it happens tonight

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 1:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 12:19 AM

Check the Music app settings on your Apple devices.

For iPhone, you can stop Autoplay by going to the Music app, tab the mini-player at the bottom, finding the ∞ infinity symbol in the mini-player. The list button in the lower-right of the player window will bring up the ‘Playing Next’ queue list. It will have three symbols on the right side of the words ‘Playing Next’: Shuffle (🔀), Repeat (🔂), and Autoplay (∞). If shown inverted, tap it to disable. Once disabled, the music player shouldn’t play beyond the current track, and (if I understood it correctly) shouldn't seek to connect to discovered AirPlay and Bluetooth speakers automatically and play there.

It seems to be about mobile devices and the HomePod speakers, rather than Apple TV?

Check the HomePod forum for more expertise on that device.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2023 12:19 AM in response to diyman

Check the Music app settings on your Apple devices.

For iPhone, you can stop Autoplay by going to the Music app, tab the mini-player at the bottom, finding the ∞ infinity symbol in the mini-player. The list button in the lower-right of the player window will bring up the ‘Playing Next’ queue list. It will have three symbols on the right side of the words ‘Playing Next’: Shuffle (🔀), Repeat (🔂), and Autoplay (∞). If shown inverted, tap it to disable. Once disabled, the music player shouldn’t play beyond the current track, and (if I understood it correctly) shouldn't seek to connect to discovered AirPlay and Bluetooth speakers automatically and play there.

It seems to be about mobile devices and the HomePod speakers, rather than Apple TV?

Check the HomePod forum for more expertise on that device.

Apple TV continuously playing music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.