Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time Machine Backups.

I have a 2021 16" M1 MacBook Pro running Ventura 13.1 with a 1TB HDD.

I surf the web, work on small spreadsheets and word docs. I create no content and download very little content. I use Mac apps very infrequently.

I plug my LaCie external drive into my Mac once per day to pull a Time Machine backup. Each day the backup is 12 GB or slightly more.

Given the fact I produce no content and download very little content, why are may backups so incredibally large?

MacBook Pro Apple Silicon

Posted on Jan 19, 2023 5:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2023 8:25 AM

jcdinco wrote:

I surf the web, work on small spreadsheets and word docs. I create no content and download very little content. I use Mac apps very infrequently.

I plug my LaCie external drive into my Mac once per day to pull a Time Machine backup. Each day the backup is 12 GB or slightly more.

Given the fact I produce no content and download very little content, why are may backups so incredibally large?

Local Snapshots get moved to the external...(?)

About Time Machine local snapshots - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2023 8:25 AM in response to jcdinco

jcdinco wrote:

Local Snapshots get moved to the external...(?)

About Time Machine local snapshots - Apple Support

Time Machine Backups.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.